The Frick Collection

Master of the Baltimore and Orleans Triptychs, Limoges Painted Triptych: The Crucifixion; St. Barbara; St. Catherine of Alexandria. The Frick Collection

Artstor has partnered with The Frick Collection to share 490 images of paintings, decorative arts, and sculpture from the museum's permanent collection. The Frick Collection houses more than 1,100 works from the Renaissance to the late 19th century, with notable strengths in Old Master paintings, Renaissance bronzes, Limoges enamels, Chinese porcelain, and French 18th century furniture. The museum's holdings include masterworks by artists such as Holbein, Titian, El Greco, Bellini, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Velazquez, and Fragonard.

The Frick Collection is housed in the former home of Henry Clay Frick, one of America's most successful coke and steel industrialists. Upon his death in 1919, Frick bequeathed his New York home and art collection to establish a public gallery with the purpose of "encouraging and developing the study of fine arts." In 1935, The Frick Collection was opened to the public, transforming the private residence into a public institution. Frick's daughter, Helen Clay Frick, founded the nearby Frick Art Reference Library in 1920, as a memorial to her father. Selections from the library's Photoarchive are also available in Artstor.